It’s an independent record shop and family business. Established in 1994 and under new management since May 2010, we pride ourselves on
- making all visitors to the shop or website feel welcome
- our dedicated service – the personal touch
- helping customers find the kind of music they like
- our expert knowledge of all kinds of recorded music
- making your enthusiasm our enthusiasm
- respecting the musical tastes of all customers
- our success in tracing rarities and deletions
- our expertise in identifying a piece of music a customer has heard (sometimes without knowing the title, performer or composer), and finding a suitable recording of it.
What’s special about P&C Music?
Quite simply, we pride ourselves on our personal service. Proprietor Peter Robinson began by selling records by mail order in 1967 – that’s 48 years’ experience. Visit the shop, ’phone or email him and he’ll do his best to help you. He will also respect your knowledge and only offer advice if asked. Aside from running the shop, Peter wants to continue offering an excellent mail order service for more than 50 years!
At P&C Music, we will order anything not in stock, or you can buy a gift voucher for the music lover ‘who has everything’. We can help you choose presents for birthdays, anniversaries, weddings and so on, or indeed provide CDs of music for such special occasions. Our mail order packaging is sturdy enough to withstand the rigours of any postal service and ensure that your purchase will reach any UK or overseas address not only promptly, but also unscathed!
Unlike some online sellers, we have an actual shop which is brimful of all kinds of recorded music on CD, vinyl, 78rpm and cassette. You can browse with no obligation to purchase. You can get a free cup of coffee. If you want to, you can chat to customers or staff. You will receive courteous, personal service. You can send us an email with your order or enquiry, but better still, come and see us. If you are near Yorkshire or intend to be, you’ll be sure of a warm welcome.